Open assignments and positions
I typically supervise students for Master’s internship or graduation projects. For TU/e students, (on campus network via VPN) a list of graduation project assignments can be found here (somewhat outdated, but still quite indicative of my research topics and collaborations). If you are interested in one of these, or want to discuss ideas for a different graduation project topic, please contact me.
I’m also interested in supervising doctoral students at TU/e or SU, provided you either get self-funded via a grant, do a part-time PhD in combination with your job, or work on a project we have funding for.
Current postdocs and students
- (2020–) Hossain Muhammad Muctadir, PhD student at TU/e on model consistency as part of the Digital Twin program. Together with Mark van den Brand.
- (2020–) David Manrique Negrin, PhD student at TU/e on model orchestration as part of the Digital Twin program. Together with Mark van den Brand.
- (2017–) Melanie Mauch, PhD student at SU on compressed pattern matching. Partially funded by NRF CPRR project “SaSy and DaPPR: Sequences and Syntax, Distributed & Parallel Pattern Recognition”. Together with Bruce Watson.
- (2023) Judith Houdijk, MSc CSE (Computer Science and Engineering) student at TU/e on MSc final project around change impact analysis and propagation for grammar-based domain-specific languages. Supervised together with Hossain Muctadir, and in collaboration with Andreas Wortmann, Stuttgart University, Germany.
- (2023) Siyue Chen, MSc CSE student at TU/e on MSc final project around visualization of GitHub repository forks. Supervised together with Jacob Krüger.
Previous postdocs and students
- (2023) Sangeeth Kochanthara, PhD student at TU/e on (Software) Architecture and Functional Safety as part of the i-CAVE (integrated Cooperative Automated VEhicles) program. Sangeeth is now at ASTRON. Together with Yanja Dajsuren and Mark van den Brand.
- (2021) Kousar Aslam, PhD student at TU/e on joint project with ASML, working on learning component models by using active automata learning techniques. Kousar is now a postdoc at VU Amsterdam. Supervised together with Ramon Schiffelers and Mark van den Brand.
- (2019) Önder Babur, PhD student at TU/e. Thesis “Model analytics and management”. Önder is now an assistant professor at Wageningen University and Research as well as guest at TU/e. Supervised together with Mark van den Brand.
- (2017) Vreda Pieterse, PhD student at University of Pretoria. Thesis “Topic Maps for Specifying Algorithm Taxonomies: A Case Study using Transitive Closure Algorithms.” Vreda has by now retired from University of Pretoria, but remains an active researcher; see ResearchGate. Supervised together with Bruce Watson and Derrick Kourie.
- (2023) Jur van der Velden, MSc CSE (Computer Science and Engineering) student at TU/e on MSc final project with Canon Production Printing, “Towards a Digital Twin Factory for Ink-handling Subsystems”.
- (2023) Alexandre Janin, MSc EIT Digital ES (Embedded Systems) student at TU Berlin and TU/e on MSc final project with Canon Production Printing, working on model-based media handling for Canon’s cut-sheet printers. Supervised together with Gökhan Kahraman.
- (2022) Ander Lee, MSc ES student at TU/e in MSc final project preparation phase, investigating digital twin model integration and orchestration techniques by means of a microbrewery case study (yes, you read that right—brewing beer for science). Supervised together with David Manrique Negrin.
- (2022) Bram van der Pol, MSc CSE student at TU/e on MSc final project with Canon Production Printing, working on models for model based carriage motion.
- (2022) Gijs Walravens, MSc CSE student at TU/e on graduation project with TechUnited, who developed a digital shadow (as precursor to a digital twin) of TechUnited’s soccer robots that compete in the RoboCup Middle Size League (MSL). Supervised together with Hossain Muctadir.
- (2021) Tajinder Singh, MSc AT (Automotive Technology) student at TU/e on MSc final project with Siemens, working in the area of Safety Systems for Connected Automated Vehicles. Supervised together with Sangeeth Kochanthara.
- (2020) Javier Alvarez Morales, MSc ES (Embedded Systems) student at TU/e on MSc final project with ASML, working in the area of representing and handling variability in settings with heterogeneous models. Supervised together with Gökhan Kahraman and Ramon Schiffelers.
- (2019) Leon Freriks, MSc CSE student at TU/e on graduation project at ASML, “Using static analysis to improve scalability of active automata learning of data-dependent components”.
- (2019) Niels Rood, MSc CSE student at TU/e on “Functional Safety Analysis and Safety Pattern Application on i-CAVE”, as part of the i-CAVE (integrated Cooperative Automated VEhicles) project. Supervised together with Sangeeth Kochanthara and Mark van den Brand.
- (2018) Aishwarya Suresh, MSc CSE student at TU/e on “Model analytics for ASML’s data and control modeling languages”. Supervised together with Önder Babur.
- Pre-2018 students not yet listed here.